Let the headline begin. It's a year of new beginnings for the medical team of Seattle Grace Hospital as they slowly recover from the tragedy that hit too close to home. New relationships emerge and the strongest commitments are tested. From successes, in the operating room to mistakes in the bedroom and all the thrilling drama in between the doctors find a way to survive as long as they lean on one another.
- The staff deals with the physical and emotional trauma from the shooting.
- The 4th year residents compete for Chief Resident.
- Cristina and Owen get married.
- Cristina fears the OR due to the shooting and tries to overcome it.
- April Kepner and Jackson Avery move in with Meredith and Derek.
- Meredith and Derek try to get pregnant again.
- Alex wants to become a pediatric surgeon.
- Arizona went to Africa but comes home when she starts to miss Callie, she returns.
- Derek starts a clinical trial for Alzheimer's.
- Mark is trying to get Lexie back.
- Teddy marries a patient to help get him medical insurance.
- Callie and Arizona try to rebuild their relationship.
- Callie gets pregnant by Mark Sloan.
- Callie, Arizona and Mark co-parent.
- Callie suffers an accident, and gives birth to a daughter, Sofia.
- Callie and Arizona get married.
- Meredith and Derek adopt a little girl from Africa, Zola.
- Meredith messes with Derek's trial.
Special Guest Edit
Recurring Guest Edit
Prominent Guest Edit
Recurring Co-Stars Edit
- ABC officially renewed Grey's Anatomy on May 14, 2010.
- This season takes place in April 2010 and ends in March 2011.
- This season is the fourth year of residency, and the fifth year of the surgical program.
|With You I'm Born Again||September 23, 2010||127||7.01|
|The staff tries to deal with physical and emotional trauma in the wake of the vengeful gunman's deadly rampage.|
|Shock to the System||September 30, 2010||128||7.02|
|Meredith finally tells Derek about her pregnancy and miscarriage. During a surgery, Cristina experiences PTSD.|
|Superfreak||October 7, 2010||129||7.03|
|Issues surface when Derek's estranged sister, Amelia, visits unexpectedly. Meredith and Derek continue to ease Cristina back into surgery.|
|Can't Fight Biology||October 14, 2010||130||7.04|
|Derek and Meredith visit the obstetrician and receive disturbing news. Lexie notices April and Meredith growing closer.|
|Almost Grown||October 21, 2010||131||7.05|
|As part of their training, Seattle Grace's residents are put in charge. The attending surgeons compete for a $1 million grant.|
|These Arms of Mine||October 28, 2010||132||7.06|
|A documentary crew visits the hospital six months after the shooting to document the road to recovery for doctors and patients.|
|That's Me Trying||November 4, 2010||133||7.07|
|Owen puts the residents through a rigorous trauma-certification drill. Cristina is left alone to monitor an ill lung-transplant patient.|
|Something's Gotta Give||November 11, 2010||134||7.08|
|Doctors try to save the life of a political figure from the Middle East. Cristina decides to decorate her new place and throw a housewarming party.|
|Slow Night, So Long||November 18, 2010||135||7.09|
|Derek and the attending go out to celebrate when he gets the grant he needs for his clinical trial.|
|Adrift and at Peace||December 2, 2010||136||7.10|
|Teddy directs her efforts and compassion toward a dying patient without the proper insurance to seek treatment.|
|Disarm||January 6, 2011||137||7.11|
|A gunman open fires at a local college, sending mass casualties to the hospital. Arizona's return is no warmly welcomed.|
|Start Me Up||January 13, 2011||138||7.12|
|Arizona tries to reconcile with Callie, who has big news to share. Teddy faces an important decision. The residents receive new interns.|
|Don't Receive Me (Please Don't Go)||February 3, 2011||139||7.13|
|Meredith feels left out when Derek breaks ground on his clinical trial. Bailey's new idea does not go over well with the chief.|
|P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)||February 10, 2011||140||7.14|
|Meredith and Lexie's father returns to Seattle Grace with stomach pins and a new girlfriend. Alex butts heads with the new OB.|
|Golden Hour||February 17, 2011||141||7.15|
|Meredith volunteers to run the ER for a night in the hopes of proving that she's chief resident material. Bailey and Eli get into mischief.|
|Not Responsible||February 24, 2011||142||7.16|
|Meredith's fertility treatments start affecting her eyesight. Mark talks to Callie and Arizona about his role as a father.|
|This Is How We Do It||March 24, 2011||143||7.17|
|Richard tries to get Adele into Derek and Meredith's Alzheimer's trial. Arizona and Mary try to plan a baby shower for Callie.|
|Song Beneath the Song||March 31, 2011||144||7.18|
|A cataclysmic event leaves the doctors shaken. Callie, on the verge of a life-changing moment, starts having visions of the hospital and her friends.|
|It's a Long Way Back||April 28, 2011||145||7.19|
|Everyone tries to help Callie and her baby recover. The death of a trial patient impacts Derek and Meredith in different ways.|
|White Wedding||May 5, 2011||146||7.20|
|Callie and Arizona's wedding is not coming together as they hoped it would. Meredith and Derek make a life-changing decision.|
|I Will Survive||May 12, 2011||147||7.21|
|Work and personal pressures leave Meredith on edge. Formal interviews for the chief resident position begin. Lucy and Alex's relationship is tested.|
|Unaccompanied Minor||May 19, 2011||148||7.22|
|Meredith's dishonesty is revealed, leading to unexpected consequences for her and others. The new chief resident is chosen.|
DVD Release Edit
The "Grey's Anatomy: Complete Seventh Season - More Heartbeats" boxset was released in region 1 on September 13, 2011. On May 28, 2012 and November 2, 2011, the DVD was released in regions 2 and 4 respectively.
Set Details Edit
The boxset contains the 22 episodes of the season, with one extended. The DVD box contains 6 discs. Other set details are:
- English (Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround)
- Audio Commentaries
Special Features Edit
- Dissecting Grey's Anatomy - Unaired Scenes
- "Aren't you the guy who got shot?" - With You I'm Born Again (00:53 min)
- "I want a chance" - With You I'm Born Again (2:32 min)